Tuesday, November 18, 2008

despite what they tell you, school is not easy

Today while I was studying my midterm I overheard a girl talking. I overhear a lot of things when I'm pseudo-studying; I just don't tend to let on. Occasionally I wish I didn't have ears (at least ones I can't turn off at will). But in this case the girl wasn't talking about anything I really didn't want to hear, just about her work load this semester. So I decided to count mine.

- 4 smaller (up to 6 page) writing assignments
- 1 ten-page research paper (due Tuesday)
- 12 midterms (11 down, 1 to go...)
- 4 finals (yet to be completed)
- two other random bio assignments
- and the copious amounts of reading required to stay on top of it all (1-4 books per class)

And now I understand why my mind is so pooped; I feel completely justified with why I am bridging mental exhaustion.

After I counted my stress in the form of tests and papers, I continued studying for my midterm the next two hours, went to a different class, studied for another 45 minutes, and then wrote the test. I think I did okay. Yay.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Walshy said...

BARF all over school! But for real..BARF! I will be thinking of you during this dreaded "test season"!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Louamonster said...

Hey Erika,

I just wanted to say that I'm right there with ya! Long semester!!! We should actually get together for some coffee or other such fun like we planned to like a year ago!!! Maybe during Christmas break we could hang!!

<3 Lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home