Thursday, April 02, 2009

Silver

There was a time when I would have been disappointed with losing out on the gold and getting awarded the second-place silver. That was when life was severely different.
This last weekend I was in Edmonton for provincials. We didn't come out on top, but I wasn't sad at all; instead, all I had was joy. I made it through a season; I haven't made it through a full soccer season in 5 years without ending up on a waiting list. But here I am, no surgery, no torn ligaments, no swollen knee. A small miracle if I do say so myself.
I've never been so thankful just to be able to play. I don't care if I score, I don't care if my team wins; I am just grateful that God has blessed me enough to put me back on a soccer pitch.
This is my shout out to God. He does care, he does know what we want, and he does love us enough to award us joy even when we lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home