Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chasing the Wind

I am sitting here in my Pronghorn gear, drinking Gatorade to hydrate, waiting for my friend to pick me up to take me to our first CIS season game. It's wild to me that I'm playing soccer again, and even wilder that I'm playing at this level. A few years ago I threw out all of my training shirts I never thought I'd wear again and moved my Sask Soccer and Hollandia windsuits downstairs to store for my kids who might find them neat to wear in 30 years. I came to the resolution of never being an athlete again time and time over through many tears and angry words directed toward God. Never did I imagine that I'd be competing again. I guess that's what happens when you follow the wind.
Working at Costco for six weeks this summer was the worst and best thing I decided to do in the past while. It was not a very entertaining or mentally stimulating job, but it gave me so much time to think and pray and give the direction of my life over to God. If I hadn't have worked there I would not be living in Lethbridge right now. It was there that I fully decided to be a teacher, to move to Lethbridge, to give up close friends and comfortability in Calgary; it's where the idea germinated to try out for the university soccer team. Those six weeks of praying and seeking and submitting absolutely changed my life.
Being here is not scary; it's like I'm finally stepping into what I'm meant to do. Almost every day I have confirmation that I'm supposed to be here; it's a thrilling feeling.
It was a flying leap of faith coming here; I moved here and was trying out for the soccer team before I was even officially accepted for school. But it's working out, things have been settling down; I even have a Lethbridge phone number and job.
I followed the wind to one of the windiest cities in Canada. When you are on the ground trying to run or walk or play, believe me, wind is so irritating and frustrating. But when you are flying, hang gliding, following, being led, it's the very thing that keeps you from crashing into the ground.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the fall publication of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=sara panamby ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home